This is my personal list of the 10 greatest japanese import cars of all time. Whenever a list like this is made someone is bound to disagree. Please feel free to let me know your opinions. This is not the 10 best, fastest, or most likely to win in a race. In my opinion, these are the 10 greatest cars when you combine performance, value, historical impact, and overall mad jdm hotness.
10. Acura NSX- This car only makes it to number 10 because of its price tag. It may not be the fastest car on the road but it will leave the longest snail trail behind it.
9. Miata- Definately not a fast car in a straight line but its lightweight and nearly perfectly balanced. The only major downside is that it is considered a girls car.
8. S2000- Cool in much the same way without being seen as a girls car. Add in the mighty veetak and you might just be able to beat someone in a straight line.
7. 240sx- Cheap, lightweight, rwd, and easy to swap a sr20 motor into for mind blowing turbo power. Played a big part in the explosive popularity of drifting.
6. RX-7- Well balanced and twin turbo power. Nearly a perfect car but hampered by peoples fears of the rotary power plant.
5. Corolla GT-S- The venerable hachiroku. Everything a cheap car should be. Light, balanced, rwd, and modifiable. What the 240sx is to drifting in the us, the 86 is to drifting period.
4. Evo- Ever since the first Gran Turismo, every fan boys dream. The ultimate street car. Now that Mitsubishi has brought it to America it is no longer a dream.
3. STi- Same as the above but with more torque and fit and finish.
2. MkIV Supra- Capable of over 1,000 hp on a stock block. Dyno's is where this car shines. Plus the Fast and Furious has forever enshrined this car as the car to have.
1. EG Civic- Probally the slowest car on this list stock. Wrong wheel drive. Just another pos grocery getter. Doesn't matter. We wouldn't be talking about imports if it wasn't for the Civic. It is the car that made the scene. Everybodies mom had one and and then everone and there mom was racing one.
Honorable mentions- Integra TypeR, Civic Si, CRX, Eclipse GSX, 300zx, and Skyline GT-R.