Sunday, October 01, 2006

How to make money on forums

Over the past several years, I have spent way to much of my time lurking on forums. Rarely do I ever contribute. Digital Point Forum has changed that. Shawn, the owner, had the brilliant marketing idea of revenue sharing. Basically, when contributing to the forum you get rewarded with half of the adsense on any thread you start or post in. The key is not to clutter the board with junk. DP has very strict rules and useless posts will get you banned with the swiftness. Contribute with something worthwhile and you will be rewarded. You won't get rich from posting, but you will get paid infinitely more than the other forums I read. The knowledge gained there might make you rich though.
What knowledge can you gain? Digital Point is a webmaster forum that covers all aspects of web design, marketing, and monetization. Most beneficial to me is there is an entire section devoted to blogging. If the idea of making money from forums is interesting to you, you will also find countless threads of people paying you per post in their forums. They do this to build up content. I have not tried this yet, but if I find a forum that interests me I will definitely try it. Anytime you can share knowledge and gain financially sounds like a win-win to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great post. I like your blog, keep the quality thoughts and posts coming!