Thursday, January 11, 2007

Things I've Learned About Gold Fish

Now that I am living in Bloomington, I am no longer allowed to have furred pets. This meant sending mny cats off to live with my aunt-in-law. Being accustomed to having a pet, I needed to get new ones. Reptiles seemed like much too much work for too little reward. So I decided on gold fish. Fish aren't that rewarding but they are low maintenance. Purchasing 2 goldfish I learned a few things I never knew before.

1.Goldfish are not disposable.Going in I had this idea goldfish frequently die and you just buy new ones. What I learned is that with proper care they can live more than twenty years.
2. For every gallon of water you should have a pound of sand.
3. For every gallon of water you can have an inch of fish.
4. Goldfish have needs to. Adding new things, or giving them a change in food, makes for happy fish. The more you make their lives intersting, the more active and rewarding they will be.
5. Fish don't make terrible pets. They can't play with you like a cat or dog, in fact, you can't even touch them, but they can be rewarding in their own way.

Now I'm not here to say fish are the best pets ever. Cats are the best pets ever. The point is they are intersting and rewarding in their own way.

No comments: